Spring is coming! We promise. Now is the time to make sure your A/C is ready for the warmer temperatures coming your way.
When the weather starts to warn singling spring is just around the corner, you should check the following to improve your air conditioner performance in time for the coming summer:
- Wash the condensing unit off with a hose, removing dirt and debris from the fin area.
- Use a mild solution of soap and water to assist in removing stuck on grime.
- Don’t bend the fins with water or any hard object.
- Change your filters at least once each month.
- Have a reputable AC Company inspect the unit and service it prior to the start of summer.
- Inspect all of your duct work, if you see anything of concern have it inspected by an A/C company.
- Check any doors or windows that man need re calking or replacing.
- You may also wish to check the insulation in your attic to ensure it is thick and provides a good cover throughout.
- Allow the AC Company to replace any items that show wear or could malfunction with continued operation.
If you would like to arrange a professional inspection, please feel free to give us a call! We’d be happy to help.